The KnowPulse KnowledgeBase focuses on short question-based lessons to help researchers get their work done.
- Purpose: This lesson will show you how to create a new lesson for inclusion in the KnowPulse KnowledgeBase.
- Who: Pulse Crop Researchers motivated to share their expertise with the community.
- Maintainer(s): Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Are you a Pulse Crop Researchers motivated to share their expertise with the community? We hope this lesson will help you to share that knowledge! The only requirement is that this tutorial will be useful to other Pulse Crop researchers. It should use KnowPulse where applicable but can also use other web resources and desktop or command-line tools. It should be a complete description of how to solve an example question and include:
- what data is needed and how to access it,
- how to prepare that data for each tool used,
- how to use each tool,
- how to interpret the results presented by the tool. In short, please include all the information you wish you knew when starting out your analysis!
Some of the things you will learn include:
How to create a lesson repository
How to customize it to provide important metadata about your lesson
Tips and tricks for how to write your lesson
The KnowPulse KnowledgeBase lessons are hands-on, so participants are encouraged to use their own computers to ensure the proper setup of tools for an efficient workflow. To most effectively use these materials, please make sure to download the data and install everything before working through this lesson.
This workshop assumes no prior experience with the tools covered in the workshop.
To get started, follow the directions in the Setup tab to get access to the required software and data for this workshop.
This tutorial does not deal with scientific data directly.